The grindworks MB-1 FORGED is a small muscle back iron designed for players who appreciate beautiful lines and soft feel. Control, stability and accuracy are all strong points of this precision forged S20C iron.
At Grindworks we believe, an iron isn’t only about beauty but all about functional beauty. We designed the MB-1 Forged with smooth curved lines in mind. These flowing curves are not only intended to provide a beautiful visual appearance but also allowed us to create a progressive flow of the center of gravity, increasing all around performance and usability. The curved and stepped design of the MB1-FORGED allows us to gradually move the center of gravity from lower to higher as the irons progress from long to short, a feature we have dubbed Dynamic Gravity Progression.
Dynamic Gravity Progression makes the long irons more forgiving and easier to launch and hit for distance thanks to the lower CG placement. The mid irons see the CG gradually shift higher thanks to a calculated change in the size and position of muscle back’s curves. The mid irons produce an all around trajectory with balanced distance and accuracy. The short irons see the CG shifted away from the sole and higher in the head which create a more penetrating trajectory aimed right at the pin for optimal accuracy and control.
The grindworks CB-1 FORGED is a smallish cavity back iron designed for players who want a great feeling all around iron. This precision forged S20C one piece cavity will appeal to better players who want control and workability as well as better golfers who don’t mind a bit of forgiveness as well.
Like the MB1-Forged, we wanted the CB1-Forged to feature softer lines and smoother curves. We believe these type of lines have a better visual effect on the golfer not only at address but also when looking at an iron in general. While we believe in the saying “simple is best” we still wanted to implement functional design that would still make the iron unique and help it perform optimally.
We implemented a feature we call Horizontal CG Flow which sees the CG change progressively across the set in a horizontal direction. HCF sees a cutaway toe, and more weight towards the heel, allowing the 4, 5, and 6 irons to rotate square faster, helping golfers square to the ball more consistently for better impact and more distance. The 7 iron has neutral weighting while the 8, 9 and PW see progressively more heel relief allowing for more control and workability for attacking the pin. The Grindworks CB-1 FORGED is the forgiving all around cavity back with great feel.
Who doesn’t want more distance and forgiveness? When designing the grindworks Forged Dual Pocket Iron we wanted an iron that not only produced automatic big distance, but one that also looked great and felt great. A pocket cavity is always a challenge when it comes to sound and feel due to how an undercut alters the sound at impact, however we had no doubt our design would use a pocket for more forgiveness and more distance, in fact we decided on double the pocket.
With a deep undercut cavity on the sole side of the iron as well as a secondary pocket along the top line we created a design that would increase the spring effect of the iron face for more ball speeds at impact and a much bigger sweet spot. The cavity is most deep in the long irons progressing to less depth in the short irons. This helps long and mid irons produce an easy high launch for more distance while shorter irons are easier to aim and score.
We decided that a mid sized distance iron doesn’t have to look bulky and huge so we kept the head reasonably small with some offset to help square the face. The Dual Pocket Iron is a multi piece iron with forged S20C body matched with a specially developed new forged K301 Hi Velocity Forged face. Automatic distance, huge forgiveness, great feel and looks!
Hiskei - Are an unmistakeable Japanese made iron, the look, sound, and the feel of forged Japanese steel is unsurpassed.
The AX203 has an Innovative design, the finest craftmanship, and a luxurious finish - that's Hiskei golf.
The Hiskei AX-203 Forged irons are precision forged from super soft 1020 carbon steel with a deeper cavity than the previous models model for increased forgiveness on off centre hits. With more weight placed lower and deeper in the cavity of the head the centre of gravity is lowered and ball trajectory off the club face increased
As per other super premium Japanese forged irons Hiskei are Stamped 4 to 5 times to remove imperfections in the steel and produce a super soft feeling forged iron.
Hiskei HK1 Wedge
Super Soft 8060 forged carbon steel head for exact feed back the V shape lowers the centre of gravity and the center of gravity and Increasing the MOI the V shape on the muscle also provides stability.
This is a superb wedge for those players that love a soft feeling wedge with excellent spin control.
Tom Wishon Golf
775HS Hybrid Irons
A Unique Hybrid Design with Thin Face, High COR Performance and a Unique Soft Stainless Steel Hosel for a Wide Range of Lie and Face Angle Fitting Options
- Thin, High COR, High Strength HS350 Steel Alloy Face offers higher ball speed for more distance in a hybrid head design. Few companies can offer a high COR design in a hybrid
- Unique 304 Stainless Steel Hosel allows for much greater ease in bending lie and face angle to broaden custom fitting options (+/-4°)
- Split Level, Narrowed Sole Width to reduce sole to turf contact for more solid shotmaking from fairway or rough conditions
- 775HS Face Progression is in between that of an Iron and Fairway Wood to enable golfers to play the 775HS with the same ball position and swing motion as an iron of the same loft
- Available in RH in #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, LH in #3
A Unique Set Design to be Built to One Length for all Clubs to Deliver a Perfect Match of all Elements of Swing Feel for shot consistency.
- If you are interested in the Sterling Irons® single length clubs please use the Find a Clubfitter form to find and contact a clubfitter near you, or visit http://www.sterlingirons.com.
- Single length construction ensures all possible elements of swing feel are identical for each club in the set – same MOI, same total weight, same headweight, same balance point – to offer the chance for improved shot consistency
- Identical length and lie allow the golfer to use the same stance, same posture, same swing plane forimproved shot consistency
- Optional high COR #5 hybrid with high COR #4, 5, 6, and 7 irons offer proper distance for the low loft clubs at the shorter single length. Other single length sets may lose distance with the low loft clubs
- Conventional cast carbon steel in the #8 to gap wedge with 5* loft increments blend with the high COR design of the low loft clubheads to off er proper distance gaps and proper
distance with the high loft clubs. Other single length sets may generate too much distance with the high loft clubs
- Available in a #5 hybrid or #5 iron to match the player’s desire and ability, with #6 to 9, PW and Gap Wedge and Sand Wedge
- Sterling Irons® Single Length clubs can be built to 36.5”, 36.75 or 37” length for each club as fit by the Clubmaker for the golfer’s comfort and preference. Contrasts with most other single length sets being created for a 37.5” length – which can generate too much distance with the high loft irons
- Intended to be custom fit with any Wishon Golf S2S iron shaft model and flex to meet the swing speed, transition/tempo and release point of the golfer.
- Sterling Irons® hybrid uses standard iron shaft (.370)
- The #4 iron should only be used by golfers with a #5 iron clubhead speed of 85mph or higher to be able to make the club generate the proper trajectory and height to be able to carry the ball further than the #5 iron
- Available in RH (#5 Hybrid, 4-9, PW, GW, SW) & LH (5-SW); New Blade Wedges (LW, SW) available in RH only
CHAMPKEY & EGIGO
How often should you re-grip your clubs?
Depending how often you golf will dictate how often you should replace your grips. For example if you play once a week then change your grips once a year, if you play twice a week then you would be replacing them twice a year. At Golf Addict we stock Champkey grips and Egigo which come in a variety of styles, designs and colours. Should you have something specific in mind we would be happy to order it in for you.